Hi! and welcome to the second update in August. While the last two updates have focused on the mobile experience, in this patch we're taking a look at the admin panel and general stability of the system.
In this update we've fixed some bugs, reworked the edge blending UI and improved network connectivity in both the engine and admin panel.
We'd also like to showcase a couple of new effects and admin panel reworks coming in the next update. 'Till then - See you next time!
~ Clutch Team
Mid Patch Updates
- Fixed a bug causing the Mobile Control on the lane status page to not work
- Optimized startup time from ~12s to ~0.5s
- Added a splash screen during startup
- Added UI feedback when controls are locked due to downloading effects
Edge Blending Mini Rework
We found the edge blending controls to be a bit confusing, especially the projector selection and we felt the UI for the Grid Toggles were a bit outdated and could be improved upon. We also wanted to offer the ability to ensure every effect or image uploaded looks perfect before saving and exiting.
- *NEW* Change tabs and change effects while edge blending
- Alignment grid and Color grid are now toggles
- Changed Labels on screens to be more informative
- *REMOVED* Point selection
- *NEW* Change tabs and effects while edge blending
- *NEW* Edge Alignment Grid Toggle
- Fixed a bug where the engines could disconnect to the server and not recconnect again until system restart
- Fixed a bug where projector control did not work for lanes 40+
- Fixed a bug where when using the image uploader you would have to send the image twice
- Fixed a bug where when closing out of edge blending the grid would still be active
- Fixed a bug where in the settings tab, the Time Zone and Restart Time would not update or display properly
- Fixed a bug where a device crashes if the center it is registered to has no engines registered to it
- Fixed a bug where past edge blending could not be loaded
- Fixed a memory leak in the customer targets
Fixed a bug where effects could not be loaded if the same effect was already on the lane
- This allows for things like the name on the birthday effect to be changed without changing an effect inbetween names.
Fixed a bug in Pirate Lagoon where the ship would drift away from the camera
Fixed a bug where the Pirate Lagoon Game would not restart after dying
Next Patch Preview
New Effects Preview
Test your control and patience with the new Archery Game. Time your shot with the indicator and hit the perfect speed for a bullseye. See how many points you can get with 6 shots.
Dive underwater and see a variety of fish and sea life as they swim across the lanes.
Breast Cancer Awareness
October is National Breast Cancer Awareness month! Help bring awareness by bowling through the pink ribbons for all to see!
System Reworks Preview
Lane Status Rework
This has been a long time coming. Ever since Gutter Cap effects were first introduced we've wanted to rework the Lane Status screen, and now we've finally done it. Not only does the new design show the active Gutter Cap Effect, but it also shows the icons and not just the name of the effect.
- *NEW* Visual overhaul. Now see what effect is active at a glance.
- *NEW* See what effect is active on the Gutter Caps
- *REMOVED* Randomizer display as the playlists have since replaced the Randomizer
Projector Control Mini Rework
Complete control over every projector.
We're adding the ability to control projectors individually and removing the feature where the refresh action would try to guess if you wanted the projectors on or off.
- *NEW* Control each projector individually with three new buttons (one for each projector)
- *REMOVED* Timer preventing action to the lanes when projectors are turning on, off, or refreshing
- Moved the status dots back to the main display